11/20/15

Thanksgiving Inspirations

Hunting and Gathering for Pinecone Inspired Arrangements 

While I answer phone calls, sit in on Open Houses, make deals while waiting to pick up my kids from practice, stay up a little later to make sure all my ‘I’s” are dotted and “T’s” are crossed before heading to a settlement, my good friend, Alice, is busy helping and creating behind the scenes for my Blog.  I wanted to provide my followers with original ideas for Thanksgiving decorating.  Alice Flint has been involved in floral design for years, so I naturally asked her to come up with some clever creations for my Blog.  Not only does Alice enjoy the creative process but also loves to produce something from little money spent.  This time of year provides us with leftover pumpkins, pinecones, dried plant material, and beautiful evergreen leaves, all of which Alice incorporated into her Thanksgiving displays.  Often in the woods walking her dogs she foraged many pinecone varieties to use in her arrangements, I honestly didn’t know that there were that many around here.  A quick run to Michaels for spray paint and oasis, gathering up containers that she already owns, and clipping various greenery from her backyard she made 4 designs that will be displayed throughout her home this Thanksgiving.  Take a look at her process and be inspired in your own home this Holiday.  
Wishing you and your family a wonderful and joyful Thanksgiving.

ARRANGEMENT  NO. 1

ARRANGEMENT  NO. 2

           
ARRANGEMENT  NO. 3

                               
 ARRANGEMENT  NO. 4




No comments:

Post a Comment