9/23/15

Curtain Quandary

WHERE?  HOW?  WHY?
  •    Where should I hang my windows panels in relation to the window frame and ceiling?
  •    How high and wide should they be around the window frame?
  •    Why is this the right way to hang them?


When your ceilings are high - consider placing your curtains 
halfway between the window frame and ceiling
Great questions…the placement of your window panels can visually create a larger room with a grand feel.  While I was researching these questions I found that there are many equations and ideas that will tell you the correct placement of your curtains.  When calculating it really depends on the amount of space around your window and the height of your ceilings.  But the one belief that is consistent throughout all suggested placement is that your curtains not be hung hugging the window frame.   Let your windows breathe!  It is always recommended that you should hang them above and wider, creating the illusion of a larger window and taller ceilings.  Major retailers such as Pottery Barn, Smith and Noble, Country Curtains all present images of panels installed this way, they should know!  I have a small dining room with 8 foot ceilings and even though my window is large I still wanted more height and width to my room.  When I installed my curtains I made sure the eye would be lifted higher by placing my panels just below the ceiling. 
It made a huge difference and created the 
illusion that I wanted for that space.  
There are so many examples of this theory –
 I gathered a bunch for you to see.  
Enjoy and let the light in!


This example shows exactly where the panels should be placed around the window,
see the width and height that was considered.
Hug the ceiling not the window and create that grand illusion
A great tutorial from Country Living




Beautifully framed windows.
Need I say more...





No comments:

Post a Comment